In 2009, a small group of Harvard Law School students noticed an absurd monopoly in the bar prep space, held by an unchallenged leader with a non-evolving product. In response, these students teamed up with Harvard Law alumni to launch BarMax on January 14, 2010.
The mission: democratize bar prep by embracing new technologies to provide the very best bar exam review courses at a fraction of the cost normally associated with these courses.
Since then, with the encouragement of thousands of students and an unwavering commitment to their success, BarMax has established itself as a comprehensive alternative to the stagnant, over-priced status quo.
As we continue to expand, we do not want to lose sight of the basic premises that led us to create BarMax in the first place. If you are a law student who believes that there is something fundamentally wrong with being forced to take out yet another loan to pay for a $4,000 bar exam prep course, you are not alone.
- A bar exam prep course should be affordable and bar loans should not be the norm.
- Students should be able to make informed decisions. That's why we offer free content and a 7-day money back guarantee.
- An MPRE course should be free. No deposit. No other strings attached.
- Public interest work matters and should be encouraged.
- The best way to prepare for any standardized exam, including the bar exam, is by practicing on real questions.
- Pass rates speak louder than words.
- As many successful students of our system can attest, law schools should allow their students to choose the best bar exam prep option available.
- Popularity is not necessarily an indicator of quality.